Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Oh Yeah....

The whole world is probably looking at Chris' and I's life thinking, "I thought they were getting married?" or "Didn't they get engaged like, MONTHS ago? Shouldn't there be some wedding jibber-jabber on the Facebook?"

Please don't misinterpret my lack of enthusiasm as lack of excitement for getting married, but rather my lack of excitement for party planning. Looking back at my giddy unengaged self, I realized I never even had the slightest clue what the wedding dealio was about. You know, you spend countless hours dreaming of the day and then you spend a few hours here and there pinning the most flawless wedding. Now that I'm at the point (PAST the point, as my good 'ole maid-of-honor likes to point out) of actually making concrete plans like sending out rose-scented invitations and eating pounds of cake in search for perfection, I just don't want to (except for the cake part, but I'd probably do that just for fun). Side note, I can just imagine the masses becoming frenzied at that last bit... the bit with the "don't" in it.

I know that's beyond crazy and I imagine that the thought is mostly driven by laziness, but I really just want to be married. I'm looking forward to putting our cereal in the same cupboard more than sitting in a fancy dress for a few hours. Call it what you want (you're probably thinking along the lines of "ridiculous"), but that's what's been on my mind.

The plans are in their infancy stage (cue our mothers cringing) but they'll come together and I'm not worried. March 30th is rollin' around soon so we can't put it off forever. On another side note, I'd like to think putting off wedding planning is like putting off studying: a decrease of time creates an increase of effort. However, my mother would tend to disagree.


And yes, that is what I'm greeted with every time I go to my closet. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment