Friday, March 7, 2014

Monthly Goals // March 2014

Isn't it crazy that it's March already? This year is flying by so fast. That being said, it's the time of the month that I like to sit down and make a list of everything I really want to accomplish. I don't know if I ever made a blog post on my 101 in 1001, but if I haven't here's the link to bring you to my list. I'll put in parenthesis if any of this month's goals are on my list.

Get my name changed. I know. Shocker. To our government, I am still Kaitlyn Mallory Nelson. I am not a Soroka. Now at first, I know Chris was thinking that I was just trying to be Mrs. Independent and that I didn't have any desire to change my last name. That is not at all true. The truth of the matter is that I'm lazy and I literally haven't found any time to just do it. So my main goal is that by the end of the month, I will officially be a Soroka. (#24) 


Develop a morning & night routine. There once was a (short.... very short) time when I first started working at FHVC that I went to bed at a decent hour and woke up at a decent hour. As of recently (darn you Bachelor!), I got to bed late most nights and wake up with just enough time to get ready. I absolutely hate that. Despite my appearance and mostly grouchy mood first thing when I wake up, I actually love the morning. I love how quiet and still everything is. I love early morning light and sitting at my computer, in my pajamas, reading through blogs while drinking a cup of coffee. Being up early in the morning makes life feel like it's standing still. It's so beautiful. 

My goal for this month is to incorporate those peaceful moments back into my day. I want to go to bed at a decent hour and wake up with Chris in the morning when he gets ready for work. I want to have time to enjoy my day & get chores done so that I can just make dinner with Chris and relax in the afternoon. 


Waste less. This is kind of a big one. I really really want to become more committed to meal planning. If Chris & I don't plan our meals, we end up throwing away a LOT of food. It drives me crazy whenever I clean out the refrigerator knowing that I'm basically throwing my money into the trash. For the past few weeks, we've kind of meal planned. I would print off a bunch of recipes for us to try that week & write them in my planner. However we haven't really stuck to it. We really just make whatever is easiest when we get home after work. Now we have done a lot better for the last couple of weeks, however, we still throw away food and it's just not working for me. Not only would we be wasting less food but we would also be wasting less money. (#61 & #62)

Another area in this category is time. This month I want to focus on wasting less of my time. This kind of goes with develop a morning & night routine. If I could develop good routines, then I would become more efficient and be able to do more of what I like. 
                                           ►
What are your goals for March? Is there anything in particular that you're trying to work on?

No comments:

Post a Comment