Thursday, July 5, 2012

The Engagement Ring... Fiasco.

Yes, you read the title right. I had a fiasco with my beautiful and well loved engagement ring. If you haven't seen it, here it is:


Yeah, like I said. It's pretty much one of the prettiest things I've ever owned. So what could be this fiasco with such a beautiful object? I'm glad you asked. A few days ago I went from work to Applebees to my house. It was a great day and night and everything. Until I was on my computer. I went to play with my ring and it was gone. No joke. It was not on my finger. What is my response? To run to my room and tear it apart. I looked through all my clothes, my desk, my bags. EVERYTHING. Then I pulled everything out of my car and looked through every crack and crevice. I searched everywhere (the day after, Karla and Anthony went to Applebees and Johnny Rockets and asked around AND searched the parking lots. Can you say, the best friends ever?). The ring was a little loose but I never thought it would actually fall right off my finger!

It was gone. So what does one do when she loses her engagement ring after only 10 days of wearing it? I'll tell you. Cry.  I cried for probably 2 1/2 hours.... over the phone... to Chris. This was a moment where I truly appreciated Chris (even though I know after about an hour of hearing me cry he was starting to get annoyed). When I told him, he was so calm and positive (basically the complete opposite of me). He told me that it was JUST AN OBJECT. It wasn't more than a rock and some metal. He told me there's no need to worry because there are an abundance of engagement rings and he would get another.

Now, to a girl who just got engaged, it was NOT just an object. It was beautiful sparkling treasure that was cherished the moment I pinned it! I was devastated and that was the last thing I wanted to hear.


But honestly, when I thought about it later, I can't be with anyone better than Chris. He is so.... perfect for me. He didn't scream at me for losing the ring. He didn't even blame me. He just encouraged me and helped me move on. Even though he saved for that ring for a long time and then kept it locked away for year, he didn't react negatively. Yes, he was a little upset for it being gone (and that I wouldn't stop crying), but he moved on.

I need that man in my life. The one that carries me along when something goes wrong. The one that's positive when I'm negative. The one that keeps calm when I'm panicking. He is that man and I'm so thankful for God blessing me with him.

On another note, I am getting a new ring. The same one, actually. He loves me that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment